by Chef Murph K.T.
Chicken is one of the best proteins because it is low in fat and calories, as compared to, red meat and even dark chicken meat.It is also easier for the body to digest; besides you can cook in it many healthy ways for a scrumptious meal on your table.It is a good source of protein that helps build and repair muscles for a lovely toned body.Marinating chicken gives it a lot of flavor and, makes it moist and tender without adding a lot of fat.
Proper cooking methods ensure a healthy meal that is good for heart health and weight management.Chicken that is marinaded for longer is more tender as the juices of the marinade have become fully absorbed into the chicken. Always remember to throw away the left over marinade that has soaked the chicken to avoid salmonella poisoning.Use skinless chicken breasts, these are the lowest in fat and calories. The skin increases fat by about 20%.You can also cook with the skin, but, remove it before eating.
Healthy Cooking Methods For Chicken:
Grilling is the best method of cooking chicken; this includes, a BBQ grill or indoors in the oven broiler. A squeeze of lemon, a sprinkling of black pepper and paprika will make your chicken a delicious meal you will enjoy.
Most people think that boiling chicken will make it tasteless; on the contrary it will be tender and fall off the bone on your plate. The secret is in the amount of the water used to cook the chicken.
For that reason measure adequate amount of water that will cook the chicken and allow boiling until it is almost absorbed. Add chopped red onions and stir, do the same with tomatoes, bell peppers and some garlic. Sprinkle a bit of turmeric powder and a bit of salt and cover for a minute. Remove and plate with a serving of vegetables and a small portion of whole grain pasta.
Make time to marinade the chicken overnight so that you can enjoy the baked outcome.
- Place rosemary, juice of half a lime, a tablespoonful of honey, a tablespoonful of canola oil and a dash of vinegar into a bowl. Mix thoroughly
- Add into your chicken in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate.
- Spray your baking pan with Pam cooking spray and arrange the chicken.
- Bake at minimum of 375F.
Add some baby potatoes around the chicken so that they absorb the juices for a complete meal and serve with a salad of steamed vegetables.
Only a minimum amount of oil is needed in a wok or a cast iron skillet on the pan to prevent the chicken from sticking.
It is necessary to slice it into small pieces so that it cooks through faster.
Diced carrots, bell peppers, garlic, cabbage, sprouts, zucchini, broccoli and many other nutritious vegetables can be added to the stir fry.
Sprinkle some powdered red pepper on the chicken if you like it hot.
Steaming food allows it to retain all its nutrients; therefore steaming your chicken with your veggies will provide a nourishing meal.
When choosing chicken for steaming, make sure that it is young so that it is not tough and rubbery when done.
Great Marinade Ideas:
- Ground mustard, minced garlic, ½ lemon juice, pinch of salt, a sprinkle of black pepper, fresh coriander, a tablespoonful of olive oil and ¼ cup cider v
- Diced red onions, rosemary, cinnamon, turmeric, one teaspoonful of sunflower oil, 2 teaspoonfuls honey and juice of one small lime.
- Natural fat-free yogurt, low sodium soy sauce, cayenne pepper and fresh thyme.
- Low sodium soy sauce, fresh garlic and onion powder.
- link https://chefmurph.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/barbecue-rubs-made-easy/
Don’t hesitate to experiment with your own marinades, there are
many great flavor concoctions that can yield a delicious and healthy chicken dish.
Also, there are many fine bottled marinades available in stores, these can be great time saving methods to cook chicken.
Always Temp Chicken
Enjoy Chef Murph